The Idea Seekers want you to Play Smart, Stay Safe
and Have Fun while you're on the Internet.
And you can do just that if you follow our tips. Read them and be sure to talk to your parents about them, too.
Click Play for Fun to see just how much you know.
1. Always have good manners and be polite when talking to someone else online.
2. Ask your parents to spend time with you while online so that you can
show them some of the neat things you can find online.
3. Only use the Internet when your parents tell you it's OK, and only for
as long as you are supposed to.
4. Don't give out personal information like your address, telephone number
or school name to anyone unless you have permission from your parents.
5. Never meet with a cyberfriend or key pal unless your parents go with
you or you have their permission to go alone.
6. Don't break copyright rules by taking words, pictures or sound from
someone else's Web site without their permission.
7. Don't respond to any e-mail messages you get if they are strange, mean
or upsetting to you, and tell your parents or teachers right away.
8. Don't send pictures of yourself or your family to anyone unless you
have permission from your parents.
9. Stop right away if you see or read something on a Web site that upsets
you and tell your parents or teachers about it.
10. Don't put words, pictures or sounds on other people's Web sites without